- 400G of frozen, mixed berries (or use fresh if you have any).
- 35G of white chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup (or use rice syrup)
- 1 teaspoon of lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Seeds from 1 vanilla bean (or use essence)
1. Cook berries in a saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes or until berries release juices. If using fresh berries cook a few minutes longer until berries are soft.
2. Reduce heat to low and add chia seeds and syrup.
3. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 6 minutes until slightly thickened.
4. Stir in lemon rind, juice and vanilla seeds.
Keep refrigerated and use as needed. Slather on toast, muesli or yoghurt for breakfast or dollop on cakes and deserts. Will keep for about a week but unlikely it will last that long!